Monday, August 3, 2009

paalam tita cory

it was like aug 31 1983 revisited, i was a junior... there was classes but it seemed that the whole metro manila stood still.. it was so hard to get a ride home, sa manila pa naman ako nag school... it took me two rides to get home but it was worth walking home, a simple sacrifice for a man who gave up his to start the fire of passion and love for country burning in our hearts. Although we had our usual MB newspaper, my dad would still buy MALAYA and MR.and MS., these two were the magazines that really told us about what was happening, all the rest where just mouthpiece for the Marcoses.... today, I felt the same emotion watching the procession as Tita Cory's remains were being brought from LSGH to Manila Catherdal... No I'm not related to the Aquinos nor the Cojuangcos but that has been what I have called here since I was a teener...it stuck. As the entourage made its way through EDSA and Ayala Ave. I recalled everything that happened 26 years ago.
Tita Cory truly is an inspiration to us, someone who should be emulated...as the commentaries on TV were being exchanged, I was thinking , the next president of the country should be like CORY, god -fearing, honest, kind hearted, strong willed, a legacy that she has left to us is that of all the presidents, she is the ONLY ONE who has stay has not been tainted with graft or corruption... thank you tita cory, I know that you are now in heaven looking down at us, please guide us as you have always done and still pray for our country .....

No comments:

Post a Comment